Affordable & Dynamic Web Sites
Do you need a website or browser-based application developed or upgraded?
I can deliver a complete database-driven web site
- tailored to your specific needs
- for a very competitive price.
Jannie van Tonder (trading as Makouvlei.net)
I have been professionally involved in web development since 1996, the early days of the Internet boom. During this time I have developed a number of websites independently, as well as managed a large web development team, seeing major corporate projects through from consultation to launch.
My experience in dealing with all aspects of a range of projects from small business sites and typical e-commerce-enabled product catalogue sites, to large corporate developments, has given me excellent insight into clients' needs, and how to deliver a quality product on time that does the job without design and programming quirks!
I have refined a cost-efficient database-driven system which provides you, the website owner, with a user-friendly administration interface allowing you to take control of the site's content, which you manage by updating a database via a hidden control panel on the site, saving on long-term maintenance costs.
what can I offer you?
- You deal directly with me from start to finish;
- I do everything from initial consultation and strategic conceptual planning up to the launch, including high-level specification & planning, advanced programming & database development, and design integration;
- I work with experienced Internet Design specialists to develop your existing brand for the web. With your specific requirements in mind, I hand-pick the right person for the job from a pool of proven associates;
- I oversee the design process and prepare and integrate the approved design concept;
- I have access to experienced copywriters for content preparation & editing;
- I provide a detailed projected timeline, with guaranteed delivery date based on agreed milestones;
- I offer excellent & efficient service at highly competitive rates
- After 15 years as a successful professional in the music industry, I got involved in the Internet in 1996 joining a prominent Internet Service Provider as part of a web development team, working hands-on in programming and design. In time, I assumed executive responsibility for the team, overseeing all processes from beginning to end, including consultation, design, programming, integration, testing & launch
In April 2001 I started freelancing
- Since then I have focused on developing complete database-driven
- Here are some developments I have completed:
- www.findanadvisor.co.za, www.findanaccountant.co.za, www.findanattorney.co.za, www.findaprofessional.co.za single-data-source multi-site directory system, with advanced search engine, ecommerce gateway, etc
- www.adventureescapades.co.za adventure directory
- www.afripex.com online product catalogue, etc
- www.thesmallbusinesstoolbox.com interactive online training programmes
- www.wheretostay.na travel directory
- www.trombonesonline.com (site obsolete) professional musicians' portal with advanced searchable members directory, online shopping (integrated with www.authorize.net & www.usps.com, live shipping calculator via United States Postal Service xml-feed), etc
- www.intothesun.co.za (site obsolete) 4x4 safari listings & bookings
- www.music.org.za artist catalogue, featured content, events calendars, etc.
- www.bigband.co.za (site obsolete) events calendars, online sales etc
- www.davidkramer.co.za (version obsolete) events calendars, cd catalogue, etc
- www.rocketfilmsafrica.co.za (version obsolete) events calendars, project showcase, secure client presentation area
- www.robinauld.co.za events calendars, online sales
- www.magicmountainprod.com image catalogue, etc
- www.rafwillems.com image catalogue
- Reportcards: a web application with database for Solomon Schechter Academy in Montreal, Canada -- used for teachers to enter students marks, and produce reports
- Construction Manager: web app with database for project managing Construction projects in New York, incl message forum.
- Client Prospect Projection system: sales tool developed for Rebserve Holdings, capturing and reporting data for researching existing and prospective projects and their projected values
- Still under development or in the process of content preparation:
- while also doing freelance database & backend development and integration with existing design for web development companies on sites such as
A full cv is available here.
Contact me at +27 23 614 2409 or +27 82 400 5966 or
for a free consultation.